The Taster Day
- A single day, no obligation entry to training
- An amazing gift for adventurous types
- For those who want to dip their toes in the sport
- You will start the flying syllabus and get a flavour of things to come
- Most students fly solo on the taster day.
Club Pilot Stage
- Build on the skills learned in the EP Stage
- Fly in stronger wind up to 15mph
- Learn to soar, land back where you took off from and deal with potential problems in flight
- Complete more advanced theory and pass the Club Pilot Exams
- Normally takes 5 to 7 days
- Leave the school as an competent and confident Club Pilot, with an internationally recognised qualification
- You must complete this stage to join a club.
Contact us to discuss your training requirements
Elementary Pilot Course
- The first formal stage of training to become a pilot
- A structured, internationally recognised syllabus
- At the end of this training stage you will be able to make short top to bottom flights
- Some simple theory lessons and a short multiple choice exam
- Normally takes 3 to 5 days
- You will also need to complete Club Pilot training to leave the school.
The UK/Hill Conversion
- Training for students who have undertaken training overseas or have a CP Tow Rating.
- Learn the technicalities of flying from UK Hill and Mountain sites
- Usually takes two days of training in wind up to 15mph at a soaring site
- Learn to soar, as well as complete slope and top landings
- Complete soaring theory and complete the CP Hill Exam
- You will need to complete this course to join a club if you have trained overseas.
You’ll need to be a BHPA member in order to undergo training with us. This membership entitles you to all the benefits that trained pilots receive, including 3rd party insurance of £5 million and a monthly magazine. The current costs are day £18, three month trial £67 and annual £129, plus a £22 joining fee. Our training days are typically 6 to 8 hours in length.