What is Speed Flying?
- Speed flying is a new, adrenaline filled branch of paragliding.
- Small wings are used to make fast top to bottom flights following steep, mountainous terrain
- Pilots take off and land on their feet just like a paraglider
- Contact us to enquire about your training needs.
Why choose us
- We have been speed flying since the early days of the sport.
- Given our experience, we are one of the only schools in the UK approved to teach this discipline.
- With the increased risk of flying fast, close to the ground, we use our experience to keep you safe while you concentrate on enjoying your training
- We only use state of the art flying equipment
- We are vastly experienced flying these small wings in the Alps, Himalayas and getting the best from our UK sites.
- Taught under an internationally recognised BHPA syllabus
- We can teach you from day 1, or convert paraglider pilots or sky divers
- You will learn how to fly these small wings in wind up to 20mph
- Complete theory lessons and pass the Speed Flying CP Exam
- Leave the school with the BHPA Club Pilot Speed Flying rating, ready to fly all round the world
- All equipment is provided during training and we can supply you the best gear to use once qualified
- Training for a student with no experience takes a minimum of 4 days and for an experienced pilot usually takes 2 days.
- Training is £150/day
- Includes use of our equipment, all practical training, theory and exams
- You’ll also need to be a BHPA Member £20/day or £139/annual to train with us
- Member benefits include 3rd party insurance, access to club membership once you’re qualified and a monthly magazine.
- We offer a fantastic equipment package to compliment your training:
- Speed Flying Package
Where we train
- We are affiliated with the South East and South West Wales Clubs
- We focus our training on the best sites that you will use once qualified
- Speed Flying requires big steep hills like Waun Rydd, Hay Bluff and Rhossili so we focus our training on these sites.